Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The End of Me



Why did I just inhale an entire family-sized bag of Reese's Pieces peanut butter eggs? Where's the self-control, chicas?

I'm blaming my growing gut-pooch on the Mia Maids, because on Sunday, one of my girls handed out eggs filled with these little bits-of-heaven. After emptying 4 eggs--I repeat, 4 eggs into my mouth, I said to myself, "On the morrow, when it's no longer the Sabbath day, I'm going to buy my own supply." I bought a ginormous bag at Walgreens on Monday, and 24 hours, 3 blackheads, and 2100 calories later, they're all g-o-n-e, and I ate every single one.

P.S. I just unbuttoned the top button on my button fly 501s (remember how cool those were)? I can now breathe. The church is still true.

P.P.S I ran out of Diet Dr. Pepper on the Sabbath and Basha's Fiesta cola vending machine was out-of-order. I went the whole day soda free, so maybe I can quit injecting myself with the junk. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Next time just call me - I have a fridge stocked full of the medicinal beverages.

    I love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food addiction alert! This is how it starts eating family sized bags of candy.

    I'll pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea these existed but am now craving my own bag. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually happened upon you blog through Shawni's, and now I check in every now and then...is that creepy??? Sorry. You are just so hilarious. I laugh out loud everytime I read your posts! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, I'm praying the Easter Bunny puts some of those eggs in your basket.

    Valerie, Nothing creepy about you reading this blog. Don't you love Shawni? If you want to really laugh out loud, read Louise Plummer's blog.

    Kathryn, Have so much fun in Utah. I know your sweet girl was missing you like crazy!

    Louise, I was just listening to Boyd K. Packer's talk on the Word of Wisdom, and I think I may be in violation of a few laws and ordinances. My temple recommend expires tomorrow, and now I'm wondering what Bishop Breinholt will say about this situation.

    ReplyDelete