Saturday, July 24, 2010

Date Night


Mi Amor and I were going to go to tonight's D-backs game. I was going to get all gussied up in my D-backs gear and woo him all the way to the stadium with my fluttering eyelashes and D-backs foam finger. But as I stood, ironing our church clothes for tomorrow's 8 o'clock session of church (we're always 5 minutes late, no matter how much I prepare), this thought came into my brain: Go to the temple tonight, instead of the game. I went over to my phone and texted the following message:

Let's go to the temple--Pete's Fish and Chips instead of peanuts and Cracker Jacks?

Mi Amor said let's g-o, just like that.

Now I'm going to woo him all the way to the temple with my cactus cowboy shirt and denim coolots. Maybe I'll even rap and beatbox "I Love to See the Temple" on our walk up to the temple doors. Maybe not.

4 comments:

  1. and I bet you had at least as much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no you did not just say, "coolots". I just crumpled to the kitchen floor, unconscious in a stupor of WHAM! and Madonna flashbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, Katy, I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one crazy shirt! Few people can pull it off.... awesome.

    ReplyDelete