Tuesday, August 21, 2012
5 Things I Didn't Do This Summer
1. Eat a healthy breakfast. Every morning we drove to Jamboree and Alton Parkway and ate pastries at 85 Degrees. Have you heard of it? If not, click on Yelp's reviews here to read all about it. The four of us ate like we were in France, all for under seven bucks a day.
2. Read Fifty Shades of Grey. Instead I finished rereading Romeo and Juliet and left the romantic parts to my imagination.
3. Exercise. Remember how I was getting into my personal fitness? Well that ended three days after I bragged about it to you. Summer kind of got in the way. But at least once a week, I cartwheeled along Newport's sandy shore. Does that count? That was right after I had a red velvet cupcake from Susie Cakes. Have you had one?
4. Yell. OK, maybe I yelled once or twice, but that's a major improvement for this passionate, crazed chica. This summer I trapped my swamp witch and loved on my homies until they said, "What's wrong with you, Mom?" :)
5. Listen to Spotify. Have you downloaded it onto your computer yet? They're going to put iTunes out of biz, I tell ya! You can download and listen to any song for one low monthly price. Or, you can be like me and listen to the free, but commercial filled version. Still LOVE IT, and as I'm typing this I'm tapping my toes to Erasure's "Respect." Then next up is a little Skid Row, Smiths, and Santigold.
P.S. Cali was worth every Benjamin I spent. Just take a look at my homegurl. Did the teachers at Maple do a good job or what? She's the very best.
at 9:59 AM