Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Girl and Pizza

Yesterday my homeboyz went to a D-backs game.  Since my homgurl and I didn't want to eat peanuts and Crackerjacks for dinner, we decided to stay home and do our own thang.  Instead of staying home and eating leftover potato soup like I had promised myself I would do, we hopped in the car and headed to Pizzeria Bianco.  If you're an Arizonian, you know this pizza joint is infamous for its 2 hour wait times.  We've attempted eating there before, but there isn't a pizza on earth worth that wait, not even Oprah can convince me otherwise.

When we pulled up to the valet  I said to my homegurl, "If it's more than a 30 minute wait, we're going to eat bean and cheese burritos at Del Taco."  She curled her lip and stuck her tongue out at that idea. "How about Cheesecake?" she said.

I rolled down the window and asked the young man, "What's the wait?"

He flung his hands in the air like I had just handed him Wonka's Golden Ticket.
"Lucky you," he said.  "We're dead tonight."

My girl and I looked at each other in disbelief as the valet excused us from our car.  In the eight years we've lived in Arizona, we had never been closer to sinking our chompers into food fit enough for Arizona Royalty.

The Pizza We Ordered

Our First Bites
Diet Coke in a glass bottle


Homgurlz Por Vida (for life)


 We gave the pizza a 7 out of 10.  We've had better, in NY, of course.

2 comments:

  1. The next time you're in NYC, find your way to Dom DeMarco's in Brooklyn (Midway). To. Die. For.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! ;) And those mushrooms. And the pic of you and your homegurl por vida. ;) Too bad the pizza was only a 7. You almost had me sold! ;)

    ReplyDelete