Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Be Strong and Summer Reading


I just walked in the from the gym and took this gratuitous picture of myself.  Are you grossed out at the sight of my pits? Wipe the throw-up from your chin and be glad that I'm once again recommitting myself to physical fitness.  Unlike moi, you're probably already working-out, and you don't need to sweat all your swamp witch out before your homies awaken in the morning.  I really am a better person when I exercise.

We're spending most of our summer living with mi abuelo in Santa Ana, CA.  My homegurl will be dancing here while my homeboyz and I will be reading books from Arizona's 2012-2013 Battle of the Books reading list.  Between books we'll be hittin' up D-land and teaching ourselves to catch some serious waves.  I may even do back handsprings along Newport's shore.  What will happen to my c-section scars, though?  I will keep you posted.  In the meantime, I can't wait to hear and read about what you're doing this summer.

I've linked all the books from the list in case you're interested:

by Bruce Coville
by Patricia Reilly Giff
by Margaret Peterson Haddix
by Cynthia Lord
Battle Two
by Blue Balliett
by Gary Paulsen
by Avi
by Pam Munoz Ryan
Battle Three
by Kate DiCamillo
by Dean Pitchford
by Jeanne DuPrau
by Gail Carson Levine

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome list and I'm so grateful you did this. Just found your blog and love it! Have a great summer and good for you with your workouts!

    ReplyDelete