1. When I went away to college, she got a 1-800 number so I could call her E-V-E-R-Y-D-A-Y. I called her every 5 minutes instead because I missed her mucho.
2. She read to me and taught me to love literature. Do you remember reading Watership Down to us, Madre? It was one of my favorites.
3. Every time I go home to visit, she takes me to Miguel's.
4. She would do anything for me, even break 2 sewing machines just so I could have the baby bedding of my dreams.
5. She was brave and joined the church.
6. She loves singing and telling us the stories behind the music that inspires her. She inspires me.
7. She thinks I'm wonderful, even when I'm a grouchy.
8. She plastered flyers all over my high school when I was running for student council. She believed in me, even when I'd come home crying, saying, "I'll never beat Eric Furgeson. All the girls think he's so hot!" She'd say, "You'll beat him; you're hotter."
9. She laughs at my jokes, even when they're total duds.
10. She made an emergency visit (24 hrs. notice--she lives 5 1/2 hours away) to help me manage mi homegurl's b-day party. (That's mi madre on the bottom right hand side.) I should have invited 11 girls like she suggested. I invited 32 instead, and she had to rescue me.
I Adore You, Madre!