Monday, September 28, 2009

Feeling Autumn

Today I let autumn in through my front door. Arizona's blasting infernal heat has eased a bit, and that's why I bought bread bowls shaped like pumpkins for tonight's dinner. I'm piling all the leftover chicken into a pot, adding butter, broth, and a teensy little prayer, in hopes of disguising the traces of last night's Chicken Clump Delight.

I also thought about what I should be for Halloween. I've always dreamed of dressing up like Sleeping Beauty's Maleficent. She's so divinely evil, and her purple eye shadow and coiling horns are so glamorously scary. My homies might say that I don't really need a costume to dress up like a witch. They'd never say that about me, right?

1 comment:

  1. yeah your homies would never say that! Mmmm dinner at your house is sounding pretty good. ive always wanted to dress up like a giesha but i never can seem to pull it off.

    ReplyDelete